Last updated by 4 years ago
Page: NetBeans Integration, Version:4
Here's how to get started with Grails in NetBeans IDE 6.5.
- Prepare the Environment
- Read the Grails Quick Start, which presents the scenario that we will reproduce in the sections that follow.
- Download and install the "Web & Java EE" distribution of NetBeans IDE 6.5 Milestone 1 or later. (Everything done below is done with the latest development build, which is probably the best thing to get for getting to know the IDE's Grails support, if you're okay with unexpected errors now and then.)
- Download and unzip Grails.
- In the IDE, go to the Options window and set the location of Grails in the "Groovy" panel. If you want to use Groovy, also set the location of Groovy there.
- Choose the Grails Application project in the New Project wizard (Ctrl-Shift-N):
- Click Next and type the name of the project:
- Click Finish and you should see this:
- Expand the folders and have a look around:
- Also look at the generated files and notice that many of them have default values filled in: