Last updated by 2 years ago
Page: Contribute, Version:20
How to ContributeWe're always on the lookout for people who can contribute to Grails. There are four main areas of activity: raising issues, improving the documentation, contributing to the Grails codebase, and developing plugins.
Raising issuesAll Grails issues are stored in a JIRA instance at Codehaus. You have to create an account before you can start raising issues, but once that's done you're good to go.Here are a few tips for creating issues:
- Do a quick search beforehand to check whether someone else has already raised the issue. You can use the quick search box in the top righthand corner, but if you do, start your query with "grails" so that it only searches the Grails project.
- Try to include as much pertinent information as you can in the summary. "Pages are displayed wrong" is not helpful. "Stylesheet in GSP layout is not being applied" is much better.
- If you can't categorise your issue with one of the available components, don't worry - just leave it empty.
- Provide a reproducible example (typically a zipped Grails project) with instructions on how to reproduce the problem.
- Even better, provide some test cases in the project if you can. Integration or functional tests are usually the most appropriate. This will make it much easier for us to diagnose and fix the issue.