License Management PluginThis plugin provides the ability to securely create, install and verify license for closed source grails applications. This plugin utilizes TrueLicense Library Collection (TLC).Author: Manohar Viswanathan (manohar.viswanathan 'at ' gmail.com)
grails install-plugin license
- Generate license file:
- Start app:
- Instal/verify license at http://localhost:8080/your_app/license. If you try to access your app without installing license, you will be redirected to this page.
Components available in your app
- /license-config/privateKey.store - private key file. This never gets included in your WAR. (You should generate your own private/public keys with keytool command. see tips section below)
- /license-config/LicensePrivateConfig.properties - holds all necessary configuration to create a license such as issuer, holder, validity etc. Again not included in WAR
- /grails-app/conf/publicCerts.store - public key file. This is included in WAR
- /grails-app/conf/LicensePublicConfig.groovy - holds all necessary information required for the client. Included in WAR
- /grails-app/conf/LicenseFilter - defines which controllers, actions need to be protected.
Components available in the plugin
- /controller/LicenseController - Install, verify license
- /services/LicenseService - Install, verify license
- To generate private key:
keytool -genkey -alias privatekey -keystore privateKeys.store
- To generate public key
keytool -export -alias privatekey -file certfile.cer -keystore privateKeys.storekeytool -import -alias publiccert -file certfile.cer -keystore publicCerts.store
- The system preferences are stored in the registry in windows and file system (/etc/.java/) in Linux. You may need appropriate permissions to be able to do this.