Allows the embedding of an LDAP directory (via ApacheDS) for testing purposes
grails install-plugin ldap-server
This plugin allows you to embed one or more LDAP servers right in your Grails application. This can be extremely useful for developing and testing applications that work with LDAP enabled directories.The plugin uses ApacheDS 1.5.4 as the directory implementation.
- Data is transient
- Revertable directory state
- Automatic loading of user defined static data
- Automatic loading of user defined custom schema
- Support for loading templated LDIF fixtures
- Support for loading arbitrary LDIF (file, dir of .ldif files, or a string of LDIF)
- Dynamic reloading of directories on static data, schema or config change
- Servers available as beans in the application context within your application (for getting at data or reverting state)
exists(String dn)server bean method for verifying that an entry exists in the directory
getAt(String dn)server bean method for getting the entry at
The data in the directories is transient (i.e. it will not survive across restarts). This is intentional as the plugin was designed to provide "mock" directories to code against.However, if there is any interest in providing production class embedded directories with this plugin it might be added as a feature.