CometD PluginCometD is a scalable HTTP-based event routing bus that uses an Ajax Push technology pattern known as Comet.This plugin allows your Grails application to send asynchronous notifications to HTTP clients using CometD and the Bayeux protocol.
CometD ServletThe plugin configures a CometdServlet, mapped to the path
cometdrelative to your web application's context path.
Bayeux ServiceA bean named
bayeuxis made available to your application. It is an instance of BayeuxServer. This is used to interact with the Comet server.
ConfigurationThe plugin is configured in Config.groovy, with options prefixed with "plugins.cometd". The following options are defined:
- continuationFilter.disable: if set, do not install the to ContinuationFilter
DevelopmentThe plugin sources are on GitHub:
Contributions are welcome, preferably by pull request on GitHub.
git clone git://github.com/marcusb/grails-cometd.git
Further informationsee http://metasieve.wordpress.com/2010/08/25/using-cometd-2-x-with-grails/ for an example as to how to use CometD 2.x with Grails and this plugin.
- Support for Grails 1.2.1 and later.
- Update to CometD 2.0.0 release.
- Install the ContinuationFilter by default, it is needed for Tomcat 6.
- Rewritten from scratch for CometD 2.0.