The Grails API Toolkit is a set of tools that automate alot of the tasks needed to build your API by combining the functionality of REST, RPC and HATEOAS. Some included functionality includes api docs, real time notifications / webhooks, generated headers, responsive content type and more.
grails install-plugin api-toolkit
RequirementsIMPORTANT : Please make sure to install and configure Spring Security 2.0> prior to installation.
Issue with apidocs fixed in 1.0.18. If you have a prior version, please upgrade.
Example CodeExample Code
- Api Usage
- Api Chaining
- Release Notes
FeaturesSome of the features in the apitoolkit include:
- header generation
- support for different encoding types for return data (as set by client)
- content-type handling/output through 'content-type' header
- FULL REST methods support (HEAD, OPTIONS, GET, PUT, POST, DELETE, TRACE, PATCH)
- apidoc generation
- webhooks/real time notifications
- api linking (see documentation)
- improved perfomance
- integrated spring security for setting roles on your APIs, docs and hooks
- simplified api generation and usage